By R. Malcolm Errington
- Offers a truly prepared narrative with specific emphasis on nation and governmental structures
- Makes broad use of inscriptions in translation to demonstrate the continued energy of the Greek urban states sooner than the Roman conquest
- Emphasizes the categorical Macedonian origins of all lively individuals within the construction of the Hellenistic world
- Highlights the relationships among Greek city-states and Macedonian monarchies
Read or Download A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Pilgrims within the deserts of Egypt and the holy land throughout the fourth and 5th centuries A. D. frequently suggested traveling holy humans as a part of their excursions of holy locations. this is often the 1st finished examine of pilgrimage to those recognized ascetics of overdue old Christianity. via an unique research of pilgrim writings of this era, Georgia Frank discovers a literary mind's eye at paintings, one who either recorded and formed the event of pilgrimage to residing saints.
The background of Spain in overdue antiquity deals vital insights into the dissolution of the western Roman empire and the emergence of medieval Europe. still, scholarship on Spain during this interval has lagged at the back of that on different Roman provinces. Michael Kulikowski attracts at the latest archeological and literary facts to combine past due vintage Spain into the wider heritage of the Roman empire, offering a definitive narrative and analytical account of the Iberian peninsula from A.
This quantity examines the interval from Rome's earliest involvement within the jap Mediterranean to the institution of Roman geopolitical dominance over the entire Greek states from the Adriatic Sea to Syria by means of the 180s BC. Applies smooth political conception to historic Mediterranean background, taking a Realist method of its research of Roman involvement within the Greek Mediterranean specializes in the tough nature of interactions between states less than stipulations of anarchy whereas studying the behavior of either Rome and Greek states through the interval, and specializes in what the options of recent political technology can let us know approximately historic diplomacy comprises particular dialogue of the problem that convulsed the Greek international within the final decade of the 3rd century BC offers a balanced portrait of Roman militarism and imperialism within the Hellenistic international
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2003 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 1,3, Universität Potsdam, Veranstaltung: Alexander der Große, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Alexander der Große ist unumstritten ein historisches Phänomen. Seine Leistungen ragen aus der Geschichte heraus und geben immer wieder Anlass zu neuen Spekulationen, wissenschaftlich versierten, populärwissenschaftlichen, künstlerischen and so on.
- Study and Teaching Guide: The History of the Ancient World
- Resurrecting Parts: Early Christians on Desire, Reproduction, and Sexual Difference (Routledge Studies in the Early Christian World)
- The Gallic Wars: Caesar's Firsthand Account of the Roman Conquest of Gaul
- Die römische Magistratur und Promagistratur. In wie weit haben sie sich in der Zeit vom Zweiten Punischen Krieg bis Sulla entwickelt?: Eine verfassungsrechtliche Ausführung (German Edition)
- Bakkhai (Oberon Classics)
- THE GREAT PYRAMID STONE CALENDAR DECODED: Sphinx Mystery Revealed
Additional info for A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)